Friday, February 22, 2008

Bleah...

Ok, I know it' been too long since I blogged... I'll be better soon, I promise!

I've been busily working on Christmas gifts (yes, Christmas. As in Christmas 2008. I know - sick sick sick) that because my DS (that's dear sister) looks at this blog I can't put pictures of... but you on Ravelry know what it/she/they are. :) Things I CAN put pictures up about are my continuing saga of learning to do stranded knitting.

My semi-miniature sweaters are coming along. I recently purchased Dale of Norway's 125th Anniversary pattern mag - I love the sweaters in there, but mostly I bought it to learn how they do buttonhole plackets. I'll do a blog soon on that story.

Other than that, I thought I'd try true miniature Norwegian sweaters (hey! why goof around with just a LITTLE blindness?) and experimented on Frog Tree fingering yarn and size 00 needle... not too bad for a start. But I'll need to find teeny tiny pewter buttons (or make them with fimo?)

Anyhoo... more soon. With pictures.

2 comments:

Terri said...

Dale of Norway has a 125th Anniversary mag? It is all I can do to keep the car keys in my purse. It is Husband's birthday, I shouldbe cooking, but 125th Anniversary mag? Gulp.

Terri said...

Dale of Norway has a 125th Anniversary mag? It is all I can do to keep my car keys in my purse. It is Husband's birthday, I should be cooking, but a 125th Anniversary mag? Gulp.