Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Mr. Rogers Sweater Day




I've been busy.

In honor of Mr. Rogers Sweater Day (March 20), I made a tiny cardigan based on the one in the Smithsonian. I even did my first pattern for it, which you can now find to the right. Be patient with me! It's my very first! :)

It also has an outline of how I did the steeking in case anyone wants to see that. I created this blog partially to help me and any others who want to learn the joy of cutting into our wonderful knitting slog our way through the learning curve, so although I'm far from an expert, maybe my trials will help others. Feel free to give any helpful comments and hints!

I've also have a little norwegian cardigan waiting for buttons, and my first norwegian pullover. On the pullover I have to figure out how to do the neckline (I'm thinking like a zippered neckline? only not zippered...) and I'll have pictures up of them soon.

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Hi, Linda. I have been searching everywhere for a pattern for the real-person size of the Mr. Rogers sweater. My husband wants one just like it. Do you know of anywhere that I can find that? I have cast on to start one, trying to make it up as I go. This is my first attempt to create a sweater without a pattern, so I'm a little nervous about it. I cast on 243 stitches and would hate to have worked 12 inches of that before I decide it is all wrong. If you can't reply through your blog, my email is mpeach2@att.net.